IGF Code Bunkering Simulator
The International Code of Safety for Ships using Gases or other Low-flashpoint Fuels (IGF Code training) entered into force on January 1st, 2017
The IGF Code addresses ship design, construction and equipment, as well as operational and training concerns. Joint venture of the
offers comprehensive Basic and Advanced level training including practical fire-fighting exercises subject to the IGF Code training.
This course gives practical guidance, training and basic qualifications for seafarers responsible for the care and use of, and in-emergency response to, the fuel on board ships subject to the International Code of Safety for Ships using Gases or other Low-flashpoint Fuels (IGF Code). It contains exercises structured around the safe operation of ships, their installations of systems for propulsion machinery and auxiliary power generation machinery using gas or other low-flashpoint fuel.
The training simulator will include two CBT (Computer Based Training) training modules (Basic and Advanced Training), 3 bunkering operations (shore-to-ship, truck-to-ship, ship-to-ship) and Fire Fighting simulator.
- Design and operational characteristics of ships subject to the IGF Code;
- Basic knowledge of the associated hazards;
- Awareness of function of gas-measuring instruments and similar equipment;
- Basic knowledge of emergency procedures including emergency shutdown;
- Chemistry and physics;
- Basic marine power plants;
- IGF vessel equipment & operation;
- Bunkering operations;
- Environment and emergency;
- Hazards, risk assessment, rules & regulations and safe working practices.
For more information please contact our sales.